The Michigan Counseling Association (MCA) ia a non-profit, professional and educational organization that is dedicated to the growth and enhancement of the counseling profession. Founded in 1965, MCA is the state's largest association exclusively representing professional counselors in various practice settings.
We provide leadership training, publications, continuing education opportunities, and advocacy services for all members. MCA helps counseling professionals develop their skills and expand their knowledge base.
The Michigan Counseling Association is to enhance human development throughout the lifespan and to promote the counseling profession.
- to promote and advance the interests of counseling services in the State of Michigan;
- to provide an organization through which those engaged in counseling services can exchange ideas, seek solutions to common problems, and stimulate their professional growth;
- to establish and improve standards of professional services in counseling services;
- to assume an active role in helping others in educational institutions and in the community to understand and improve counseling services;
- to conduct activities designed to promote the professional growth of counseling services in the State of Michigan;
- to disseminate information and to focus public attention on and promote legislation affecting counseling services in the State of Michigan; and
- to encourage the formulation and growth of Chapters and Divisions.