MCA is excited to announce that our 2021 Annual Conference will be virtual!
The conference will take place May 14, 2021, and the theme is CELEBRATING THE UNBREAKABLE PROFESSION.
Join counselors and mental health professionals across Michigan for our annual conference. Together we will celebrate the profession that endured licensure challenges and a global pandemic. Through keynote and breakout sessions, we will increase our knowledge and profession skills.
To make this conference a success, we want your proposals for breakout sessions. Whether you are a private practitioner, school counselor, counselor educator, rehabilitation counselor, counselor-in-training, or member of any other counseling field, share your expertise to strengthen professional counseling in Michigan.
To submit a proposal for a breakout session, simply complete the 2021 MCA Proposals Submission Form and submit prior to the deadline for submissions, March 14, 2021.
To assist you in submitting your proposal, here is a checklist of what is required:
1. Program Title
2. Program Abstract (50 words or less)
3. Program Description (400 word limit, include program learning goals, type of presentation (e.g. experiential, discussion, lecture), and how the presentation fits within the conference theme)
4. Session Type (Practical/Experiential, Educational/Research, or Roundtable)
5. Specific Learning Objectives – Offer three clear, measurable, and achievable objectives for the session.
6. Citations – List at least 3 relevant citation from the past 5 years to support the session content.
7. Content Area
A. Human Growth and Development
B. Counseling Theory
C. Helping Relationship
D. Social and Cultural Foundations
E. Group Dynamics
F. Career Development
H. Research and Program Evaluation
I. Wellness and Prevention
J. Counselor Professional Identity and Ethical Issues
K. Telemental Health
7. For each primary presenter and co-presenters:
B. Degree(s) and credentials
C. Contact information (phone, address and email)
D. Bio (50 word limit)
Please remember that the Annual Conference is monitored for CE compliance and presentations are reviewed and accepted according to their scholarly merit and evidence-based contribution to practice.
If you have any questions about this counseling event, contact Ashley VanBemmelen, President-Elect via email at: email@example.com.
The Call for Proposals will remain open until March 14, 2021.
Welcome and Announcements begin at 9:00am. The conference runs from 9:00am-4:30pm.
SCECH's and CEU's Available.